Hey, gorgeous! I was recently asked by my cousin about what makeup products I thought were necessary for a weekend getaway. My closest friends and family know that I am not one to pack lightly for any trip, despite the length of stay. I like to be prepared for any occasion. :) I am learning to pack smartly to maximize the space in my luggage. Today, I have picked and packed just ten items in my Makeup Weekender that will easily transition my look from day to night.
Ten Makeup Weekender Must-Haves
1. BB Cream Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Medium $34 - This is my all-inclusive product in the morning, especially in the summer, since I do not want to wear anything heavy. In just one step, it primes, moisturizes, protects with sunscreen, and conceals. It is oil-free and works as an anti-aging treatment. This product contains a tripleB complex, that minimizes the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and pores, while giving a glow. Whew! With all of these benefits along with more coverage than any other BB cream I've tried, Tarte nails it in the sea of BB creams.
2. Concealer NARS Concealer in Ginger $23 - This concealer is very lightweight, vitamin-rich, and long-wearing. I apply the product under my eyes, around my nose, and on any blemishes the BB cream may not have covered. It provides full coverage and dries matte, so it does not highlight any imperfections.
3. Setting Powder Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder in Universal $35 - This setting powder diffuses light, controls shines, and makes your skin look flawless for hours. The silica aids in softening the look of fines lines and imperfections. This universal shade is perfect for all skin types and skin shades. You can dust the powder later on in the day to freshen up the face.
4. Blush and Bronzer Duo NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna $41 - Apply a bronzer to the cheeks, along the hairline, and on the nose to give your skin a healthy glow. This beautiful matte bronzer with subtle gold shimmer complements almost all skin tones. Orgasm is a shimmery, peachy pink. It is highly pigmented like the rest of his blushes, so all you need is a slight brush of this color on the apples of the cheeks for the evening.
5. Lip Tint with SPF 15 Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Honey $22.50 - This balm contains SPF 15. Vitamins A, C, and E protect the lips from free radicals, and the sugar holds moisture to keep them hydrated and smooth.
6. Lipstick NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu $25 - A lipstick will be the extra oomph your face needs to instantly take a look from day to night. This moisturizing, creamy, and highly pigmented pink will last all day. The pencil is great for lining and filling the lips for long-lasting color.
7. Eyeshadow Palette Urban Decay Naked Palette $50 - This palette is a girl's best friend. The neutrals on the left will give the perfect natural eye or smoky brown eye. Wearing NARS Yu lipstick with a natural eye is a great summer look for night. One can also add the darker browns, charcoal, or black on the right for a classic smoky eye. The highlighting and blending colors are also included along with a brush and eye primer to keep the shadows put. What a steal!
8. Eyelash Curler Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler $20 - Curled lashes open and brighten the eyes. This award-winning eyelash curler fits every eye shape and holds a perfect curl.
9. Eyeliner Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero $19 - This 24/7 eyeliner stays on 24/7. A thin line of this creamy eyeliner around the eyes will provide definition for day. For night, reapply the line and blend for a base for the classic smoky eye. This will intensify the shadows applied on top and keep the colors in place.
10. Mascara Benefit They're Real! Mascara $23 - This mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates the lashes for an "I can't believe They're Real!" response from your friends. The domed tip of the wand separates every little lash, so the lashes will not clump or smudge.
Here is a cute makeup bag to store all of your weekend essentials. BP. Makeup Bag from Nordstrom $10
With a few brushes and my ten favorite items stored in a chic makeup bag, you will be looking pretty all weekend long! :)
Are there any items you have to pack that I didn't mention? What is in your Makeup Weekender?