Summer time is near, and I hope you have a beach vacation planned! If so, are you struggling with what you should pack? I have compiled a list of 10 Wardrobe Escape Essentials, with nine of them under $60, that I am stowing away for my getaway!
Get ready for some S-U-N. These are sure to keep you looking To the Nines!
1. Bright bikinis H&M Orange Bikini Top $17.95 – Bright colors will really bring out your sun bronzed complexion. H&M carries a vast selection of affordable swimsuits in a rainbow of shades. Make sure to bring at least one for every day that you are there, just in case you decide to go to the pool or hot tub later (or need options, of course!) This one has detachable straps. No tan lines!
2. Beach bag Old Navy Print Bag $15.00 – A big bag will help store sunscreen, water, magazines, a towel, frisbee, and snacks. This print bag is just the perfect size for all of that plus more! I love the nautical rope detail of the handles.
3. Sandals Mossimo Lakitia Sandals $19.99 – LOVE these sandals! They are perfect for spring and summer. I own this exact pair, and they are so comfortable. The green is the perfect pop of color, and the ankle strap looks and feels like leather. Also, don’t forget to pack a pair of flip flops for the beach.
4. Sunnies Illesteva + Zac Posen Sunnies (LUST) $295 – Make sure your sunglasses offer UVA/UVB protection from both aging and burning rays. You definitely want to splurge a little on a good pair. It will last longer and protect your eyes better with polarization and UV light screening of at least 97%. I’m lusting over these Zac Posen’s!
5. Coverup Aerie Coverup $34.99 – Ideal for throwing over your bikini from the pool deck to the boardwalk. The crocheted bottom and scalloped edges of this piece add femininity.
6. Cropped tops Zara Cropped Top $49.99 – The temperature is rising, so show a little skin! Cropped tops are all the rage this season. This sleeveless, cropped top will show off your toned arms and abs that you worked so hard on. 🙂
7. Printed bottoms F21 Scarf Print Shorts $19.80 F21 Palm Print Wide Leg Pants $19.80 – Prints will add character to your outfit without the need to add an abundance of accessories. This Forever 21 scarf print shorts with contrasted royal blue trim is great for day, and the palm print pants scream “I’m on vacation!”. Pair them with a neutral shade like white or black, so the print will stand out.
8. Bracelets F21 Rhinestone Accented Bracelet $4.80 F21 Jaguar Bracelet $12.80 – Add a little color to your outfit with some bright accessories. The woven bracelet is fun and can be worn with other woven bracelets for the beach. The wild jaguar bracelet will dress up an outfit in a snap! *claw claw*
9. Floppy hat Target Red Floppy Hat with Rope Band $14.99 – A floppy hat will keep your face, décolleté, and shoulders protected from the sun. This doesn’t mean that you should skimp on the face sunscreen though! I make sure I’m covered in sunscreen from head to toe 15 minutes prior to going out in the sun. I own the bright red floppy hat listed and LOVE it.
10. Maxi dress ASOS River Island Micha Maxi Beach Dress $59.40 – This River Island colorblock number is gorgeous! It has a keyhole in the back, minor cutouts in the front, and mile-high side slits. Sexy! Maxi dresses are staples in my closet during the warmer months. They are so comfortable and can be worn anywhere.
Now, you have your luggage ready. Relax, grab a piña colada, and enjoy your trip! 🙂
P.S. CONTEST: What is your favorite Escape Essential? Comment above for your chance to win that piece! Contest ends May 19th at 5 p.m. EST. Good luck! 🙂 (Exclusion applies to the sunnies.)
UPDATE: Melanie won the Escape Essential of her choice!